The consortia of the Medical Informatics Initiative (MII) have established Data Integration Centers (DIC) at their university medical sites. In these new facilities, research and care data of a university hospital are collected, with data quality and data protection playing a key role. The DIC is usually a facility within the hospital and generally closely linked to the clinical data centers, thus ensuring a close connection to the systems of patient care. The tasks of the DIC include the transfer of data from a wide range of data-providing systems, the consolidation and processing of this data, and ensuring data quality and data protection. The processed data is then made available for use in medical research and research results are fed back into the health care system via the DIC.
The DIC thus create the technical and organizational conditions for the cross-location use of data between patient care and medical research. Thereby, the DIC enable medical data to be recorded, combined and exchanged in such a way that it can be used optimally in care and research – even repeatedly. Standardization, reusability and exchangeability of data play an important role in this. In the future, researchers will be able to use harmonized data from all German university hospitals within a uniform legal framework. The DIC will be maintained as a permanent, sustainable infrastructure, improving digital, targeted care and making the federal research landscape fit for the future.
- Technical University Dresden/ University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden ⇒ Link to DIC-Website
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität (FAU) Erlangen-Nürnberg/ University Hospital Erlangen ⇒ Link to DIC-Website
- Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main/ University Hospital Frankfurt ⇒ Link to DIC-Website
- Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg/ Medical Center – University of Freiburg
- Justus-Liebig-University Gießen/ University Hospital Gießen/Marburg
- University Medicine Greifswald ⇒ Link to DIC-Website
- Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg/ University Hospital Magdeburg ⇒ Link to DIC-Website
- University Medical Center der Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz ⇒ Link to DIC-Website
- Medical Faculty Mannheim of the Ruprechts-Karls-University Heidelberg/ University Medical Center Mannheim
- Philipps-University Marburg/ University Hospital Gießen/Marburg